Fall has arrived and so has the welcoming mat for family and friends! Literally, haha.
I had such a good time creating my diy painted doormat ‘cute shoes’ (seen here), that I wanted to create a fun diy fall doormat for my entryway this season.
Yes, I’m one of those people that likes to decorate her home for the seasons. It’s nothing over the top, simply a few added décor items, pillow changes, flowers and the entryway tends to get a ‘facelift’ to match my vision of the season.
*This post contains affiliate links.
This year I decided to go with the trendy layered doormat look for fall. I love the added character and texture that it adds to my front door!
I also added a new olive branch wreath to the front door. Later in the season I’ll probably add some fresh pumpkins and mums – which are perfect additions for fall.
Blog Post Content Ideas
... so you're never at a loss for writing ideas!
DIY FALL DOORMAT
This is what you will need to make this diy fall doormat for yourself:
- Black Coir Doormat
- It’s Fall Y’all template design
- Cardstock Paper
- Permanent Marker (I chose a lime green)
- Acrylic Craft Paint (white indoor/outdoor)
- Small Watercolor Paint Brush
- Print the ‘it’s fall y’all’ letters onto cardstock paper. Here is the template to use.
- Cut out the type with your scissors.
- Lay your design on top of the coir doormat. Trace the letters onto your mat with a colored marker.
- Paint inside the traced letters with a paint brush. Also dab the paint inside so that it gets darker. It’s best to do 2-3 coats, I only did one here.
- Leave to dry about 24 hours.
I really enjoyed making my own diy fall doormat! If you make one for yourself please tag me @yourmarketingbff on Instagram or link to this blog post, I’d love to see it!
Shop The Post