Fall has arrived and so has the welcoming mat for family and friends! Literally, haha.
I had such a good time creating my diy painted doormat ‘cute shoes’ (seen here), that I wanted to create a fun diy fall doormat for my entryway this season.
Yes, I’m one of those people that likes to decorate her home for the seasons. It’s nothing over the top, simply a few added décor items, pillow changes, flowers and the entryway tends to get a ‘facelift’ to match my vision of the season.
*This post contains affiliate links.
This year I decided to go with the trendy layered doormat look for fall. I love the added character and texture that it adds to my front door!
I also added a new olive branch wreath to the front door. Later in the season I’ll probably add some fresh pumpkins and mums – which are perfect additions for fall.
DIY FALL DOORMAT
This is what you will need to make this diy fall doormat for yourself:
- Black Coir Doormat
- It’s Fall Y’all template design
- Cardstock Paper
- Permanent Marker (I chose a lime green)
- Acrylic Craft Paint (white indoor/outdoor)
- Small Watercolor Paint Brush
- Print the ‘it’s fall y’all’ letters onto cardstock paper. Here is the template to use.
- Cut out the type with your scissors.
- Lay your design on top of the coir doormat. Trace the letters onto your mat with a colored marker.
- Paint inside the traced letters with a paint brush. Also dab the paint inside so that it gets darker. It’s best to do 2-3 coats, I only did one here.
- Leave to dry about 24 hours.
I really enjoyed making my own diy fall doormat! If you make one for yourself please tag me @yourmarketingbff on Instagram or link to this blog post, I’d love to see it!
Shop The Post
Ready to grow your blog business?
Join thousands of others and get access to my free library of resources + worksheets just for bloggers.