Welcome to the Home Décor Craft + DIY Blog Hop! If you are visiting from Lucy of Craftberry Bush, welcome. OMGosh her 3-D Canvas Art is brilliant, all I can say is WOW and I’ve pinned it to my Pinterest DIY board already!
Spring is around the corner and it got me thinking of my first impression area – the front door/entry way. I thought it would be fun to share with you the lovely diy painted doormat ‘cute shoes’ I made this past weekend… the perfect addition to any front door!
This post contains affiliate links.
DIY PAINTED DOORMAT – CUTE SHOES
This is what you will need to make one for yourself:
- Plain Coir Doormat (mines from Target $9.99)
- Cute Shoes Template Design (or whatever design you choose to do)
- Computer Paper
- Large Poster Board Paper
- Permanent Marker
- Craft or X-acto Knife
- Acrylic Craft Paint (I chose black indoor/outdoor)
- Spouncer Brush
- Small Watercolor Paint Brush
- Print the ‘cute shoes’ letters onto computer paper. Here is the template to use.
- Roughly cut out the type.
- Place cut type onto the large poster board paper and trace around the type with a marker.
- Using your craft knife, cut around the marker outline you made in step 3. This becomes your stencil.
- Lay your stencil on top of the coir doormat. Just hold it firmly in the area that you’re painting.
- Dip your spouncer brush in some acrylic paint and ‘pat’ down in a straight up down motion (not sweeping) to cover the area within your stencil. Keep painting until you’ve fully covered your stencil design with paint.
- Remove the stencil from the mat and use the small watercolor paint brush to fill in any areas of the design that didn’t get fully covered with paint.
I really enjoyed doing this fun diy painted doormat cute shoes project…and it’s totally adorable! You should give it a try. Whether you use my ‘cute shoes’ template or create your own design, you’ll have a beautiful diy painted doormat that your neighbors and friends will love!
Next, head over to the crafty, talented girls of Lolly Jane where they are sharing their floral wood sign tutorial…
You can check out the sign tuturial and visit with ladies HERE. They will send you on to the next Home Décor Craft + DIY but be sure to check out each of the diy’s below.