Would you be surprised if I told you I coach A LOT of marketing “professionals” who help others build their businesses? Many of these folks come to me because, even though they know how to market/promote, they still aren’t obtaining consistent growth.
They aren’t MARKETING CONSISTENTLY!
What usually happens to them (and most self-employed professionals – yes, I’m talking about YOU) is that we get caught up in the everyday of our businesses and marketing goes to the wayside.
That is, until our number of customers (or sales) start to become flat, decline or worse, our bank account ‘well’ runs dry.
So what do you do?
You market, market, market and bring in a number of new clients/customers. Then once you have these new clients/customers, you have no time for marketing and so marketing stops again.
And guess what?
You’re back to living the UNBEARABLE feast and famine rollercoaster. You’re stressed out, cash-strapped and having sleepless nights AGAIN.
So what should you do?
If you set things up to be systematic, then you’ll stay on track and stay off the crazy feast and famine rollercoaster ride.
Here’s how I do it and how I’ve taught numerous others how to do it too:
- Blog posts (WEEKLY, up to two times a week, schedule of articles and deadlines are set for the next 6 months).
- Facebook posts (WEEKLY, up to three times a week).
- Twitter posts (WEEKLY, up to three times a week).
- Pinterest pins (BIWEEKLY, booked on my calendar for the entire year).
- Strategic Alliances (OFTEN WEEKLY or BIWEEKLY, I have a list of strategic alliances that I’m constantly following up on to do things with regularly).
- Working Women association (BI-MONTHLY, booked on my calendar for the entire year).
- Speaking for associations/organizations/conferences (up to 3x’s a year, I have speaking opportunities that get booked and placed on my calendar).
Do you see a trend? Everything I do in terms of marketing, is set up automatically and systematically on my calendar…and I set these things up AHEAD OF TIME! (Remember last week’s post, minimum of 3 months ahead. You can read it here.)
I don’t ever have to worry about what I have to do next. It’s already on my calendar!
This is one thing that I rarely see businesses do and yet it’s one of the most crucial.
If you don’t set things up to be systematic, then you won’t stay on track. If you don’t stay on track, you won’t market consistently. If you don’t market consistently, you won’t grow consistently.
Figure out what you will do daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly for marketing and growing your business. Once you’ve done this, place it on your calendar… And, STOP the feast and famine rollercoaster!
If you’re not sure where to start or what marketing efforts are best for you, everything is laid out in our 90-Day Client Attraction Bootcamp. Here’s where you can go to sign up and get started today!
*** Photo Source