Do you shop at Costco? Have you ever been tempted to try any of the bite-sized food samples?
My hubs loves the samples, and I have to tell you, my Costco grocery bill goes up by 20% when he is shopping with me! It’s amazing how that little sample (that isn’t on my list) turns into a full box purchase that he can’t live without!
As a marketer – I LOVE that Costco understands how to give their prospects just enough taste, to leave them wanting more, AND generate higher sales!
If You’re Not Offering A Sample of Your Business, You’re Losing Sales.
Giving out samples of food is a part of Costco’s business model + sales strategy, and giving a sample of your business and generating sales should be a part of your strategy too!
Plain and simple. Businesses that offer samples tend to have higher sales.
Blog Post Content Ideas
... so you're never at a loss for writing ideas!
I know what you’re thinking…
“I can’t afford to give my products/services away for free. That is ridiculous!”
Well guess what?
Your Marketing BFF is here to tell YOU:
Give a sample of your business to generate higher sales!
Enticing existing clients and prospects with samples of your products, services, and/or offerings is a great way to give them a taste of the benefits you offer. Once they have had a taste, they want (and buy) more. Hence, the success of the Costco sampling business model!
Here are a few ideas on how you can provide others with a taste of your work – in order to sell them on your full offering:
– Write articles and/or blog posts
– Do a short video
– Offer tips on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
– Provide mini workshops
– Free consultations that don’t have any PRESSURE!
– Offer “mini-sized” portions. A real life example: I offer a mini-sized portion, actual pages taken directly from my ebook How To Start A Blog. This provides people with a sample of the book…and guess what? Most come back and buy the book.
– Free webinar with just a sampling of your tips. A real life example: 5 Posing Secrets to Flatter Every Body by Amy and Jordan Demos. By the end of this free webinar, these photographers have sold hundreds of their full posing course.
What I love about samples is that they give people an opportunity to EXPERIENCE you/your business, and with REDUCED RISK.
Do it right now. I mean it! Give a sample of your business to generate higher sales!
Your bank account will thank you.
So there you have it.