From the time I was a little girl, summer always represented special times with family & friends. It was always a mix of BBQ’s, camping (and tubing) at the river, fresh (local) berries and lots of ice cream and popsicles!
I have to say… most of the people around me seem to be more into ice cream, but I’m more of a popsicle kind-of-gal.
*This post contains affiliate links.
I love that popsicles can be ‘regular’ flavors like grape, lemon lime, strawberry, rootbeer or something a little bit more exotic like the Strawberry Pina Colada ones I made last year.
Stay tuned… at the bottom of this post you can get my popsicle recipe, AND I’ve linked a few of my friends popsicle recipes too.
This summer I decided to use up some leftover fruit I had from a bbq, along with some yogurt I had in the fridge to make some healthy + easy yogurt popsicles with fruit.
And look at how gorgeous they look!
It’s as if each popsicle is its own work of art. Even the hubs was impressed! Haha.
Notes and tips for Easy Yogurt Popsicles with Fruit:
Making yogurt popsicles with fruit are really simple, but a few of these tips will help you perfectly execute them.
- Variety is the spice of life. I used a colorful variety of fruit: raspberries, blueberries, pineapple and kiwi.
- Layer love. I like to place a little bit of yogurt into the mold first – I place yogurt into a ziplock bag and cut the bottom corner to easily ‘pipe’ the yogurt into the mold – then add some chunks of fruit, more yogurt, more fruit, etc.
- The Mix Look. You’re going to want to use one of your popsicle sticks (or in this case I used a chop stick) to push the fruit down into the mold and through the yogurt.
- Favorite mold. My favorite popsicle mold is made by Progressive and can be purchased HERE.
I love how these yogurt popsicles with fruit can have so many flavor combinations! I used a collection of fruits that I had on hand, but feel free to choose whatever fruit or fruits your family loves.
So if you’re looking for a healthier popsicle option – that kids and adults will love – try these tasty, refreshing, fun, and easy yogurt popsicles with fruit! Enjoy.
Easy Yogurt Popsicles with Fruit
- 2 cups Greek Vanilla Yogurt I used Dannon light & fit original brand
- 1-2 cups Fresh Fruit, chopped into ¼” pieces if necessary. any variety that compliments your flavor of yogurt
Place some yogurt into each popsicle mold, about one-quarter full.
Spoon some chopped fruits into the popsicle molds. Push the fruit down and into the yogurt with a popsicle (or chop) stick.
Layer mold with more yogurt, then fruit, then yogurt again until the molds are filled to the top.
Place a popsicle stick in the center of each pop.
Place molds in freezer until frozen, somewhere between 2-3 hours.
To un-mold; I like to submerge the bottom of the mold in luke warm water for a few seconds – this allows me to easily pull on the sticks to remove the frozen popsicles from the mold.
MORE YUMMY SUMMER POPSICLE RECIPESAnd if you are looking for more unique popsicle recipes, be sure to visit my friends that are sharing their favorite summertime treat as well!