Do you remember when I taught you how to add an image in your sidebar and make it clickable? Well with the latest WordPress updates, things just got a whole lot easier! Today I’m going to show you a waaaaay easier way to add an image to your sidebar and make it clickable!
Easy Way To Add An Image To Your Sidebar and Make It Clickable
- Create your image
- Login to WordPress dashboard. Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Add TEXT widget (found in alphabetical order, under available widgets) into your Sidebar Widget.
- Add a title if you’d like and then click on the ADD MEDIA button to add your image.
- Click on the image that you will be adding to your sidebar. Note: If it’s not in your media library, you’ll need to upload your image. Add image; along with a link – so that it’s clickable. (For this example I linked to my Valentines Day category url) and then click on INSERT IT INTO POST. If you forget to link the image, you can do it after you’ve inserted the image in step #6 below.
- If you didn’t add a custom link in step #5. Click on the image, click on the insert/edit link icon and add your custom url.
- Click the SAVE button. Your new clickable image is visible on your sidebar. See my new side bar image example below.
Just think… you can create a bunch of these sidebar images for different categories, seasons, whatever… and change them often!
And now that it’s a lot easier to add an image to your sidebar and make it clickable, I hope you do so. It’s a great way to have older posts visible again and/or get additional traffic to a favorite post – one that has affiliate links in it perhaps (wink)!