The weather here in sunny Arizona is absolutely incredible right now.
I’ve been getting up early (before the rest of the family wakes up), snagging a freshly brewed cup of coffee, grabbing my notebook, and jetting out to our patio to do something extremely important.
Something That Makes Me Money.
I’ve been dedicating my early mornings to not only listening to the birds chirping but focusing on the birds-eye view of my business – from every possible angle asking myself…what is still working, what needs to change, and what will make things SOAR quickly.
Are you making ANY TIME to do this? If not, it’s costing you plenty of customers and money my friend.
I’ve been dedicating 1 day a week for:
– Competitive and Market Research
– Social Media Marketing
– Creating some new Strategic Alliance partner relationships
– Promotional Opportunities
– Focusing ONLY on marketing and growing my business.
This is what I refer to as WORKING ON YOUR BUSINESS, NOT IN IT!
Because it’s oh-so-important to stay on top of what’s going on:
- What your ideal readers/customers are doing.
- Where your ideal customers are hanging out.
- Which ones spend the most money with you.
- Which ones refer you to others.
- What products/services they’re looking for and HOW they find them.
Otherwise, your sales are probably going to go down, down, down.
So what can you do?
- Start asking questions and communicate with your customers.
- Get a business coach or mentor.
- Research upcoming trends in your industry.
- Dedicate some time – literally place a date and time on your calendar to ONLY work on your business.
Make time to focus on the birds-eye view of your business and you’ll start to make more money!
So there you have it.
Image Source: Bird’s Eye View Realistic Painting by Lee Price.