Not sure how to hang Christmas stockings without a mantel? No fireplace (real or faux) mantle in sight? I don’t have a mantel in our home, so each year I come up with a fun way to hang my stockings without a mantel.
This year I decided to use our entry console table to hang our stockings… and thought I’d show you how I did ours and give you other creative ways to hang your stockings too!
This post contains affiliate links.
5 Great Ways To Hang Your Stockings Without A Mantel
- Entry Console Table: I simply used Commands Strips (that hold up to 3 lbs each) on the top of the console. Then I covered them with a little faux snow and hung my stockings. So easy, and it looks amazing!
If you want to see more of my Christmas decorating ideas, you’ll find them in my Modern, Mixed-Metal & Blush Christmas Home Tour here. Note: if you have heavy items to place in your stockings, Command Strips come in heavier weight sizes.
Blog Post Content Ideas
... so you're never at a loss for writing ideas!
- Branch Stocking Display: Pull a branch from your backyard or snag a free one from a Christmas tree lot (or friendly, neighborhood Lowe’s). Make sure you pick a strong one if you’re planning on filling the stockings pretty full.
Via The Merrythought
- DIY Wooden Box Stocking Holder: I love this buffalo check DIY by the talented ladies at Lolly Jane. You could place your wooden box stocking holder on a table, entry console, bar cart, bedroom side table, etc.
Via Lolly Jane
- Hanging Shelf: Do you have a shelf handy? This darling idea of using clothespins to string up the stockings on a piece of rope is oh-so-fun.
- Bedroom Headboard: Why not hang stockings right in the bedroom? You can use command strips (as seen in #1 above) and hang the stocking right on the headboard.
Via Coco + Kelley
Just remember… No mantle, no problem! I hope these 5 great ways to hang your stockings without a mantel have inspired you.
Do you have a fun, creative way to hang Christmas stockings without a mantle? Please share in the comments below.