Looking for a beginner photography book for yourself or that special someone for Christmas? I’ve put together 5 books that you will love… and will fit nicely under the tree or in someone’s stocking.
I’ve included links to the books on Amazon, along with a quick overview for each book. Enjoy!
1. The Beginner’s Photography Guide by Chris Gatcum
An excellent overview of step-by-step digital slr camera basics + a variety of techniques. Once you’ve read the book, you will have enough detail and explanation to give you a solid foundation of the concepts of digital photography. Highly recommended for “Beginners” and even intermediate photographers will find it as a useful refresher.
2. Tony Northrup’s DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography
A hands-on, self-paced photography book that reads like a class with online training videos. A great book in paperback, but it’s also the #1 photography e-book – if you prefer to read it this way!
3. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman
The ladies of the ever-so-popular blog “A Beautiful Mess” and over 318K Instagram followers share their tips and tricks, plus provide photo challenges that will inspire you to style and snap better photos.
4. BetterPhoto Basics: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Taking Photos Like The Pros by Jim Miotke
So many tips and tricks to improve your photos right away, no matter what camera you’re using. Too busy to read a book? No problem – flip to any page for an instant tip to use right away!
5. Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole S. Young
Not just for the “foodie” or food blogger…If you want to create photos that conjure up flavors of your favorite foods and beautifully illustrated product shots, but lack the photographic technique to make it happen, then this book is for you!
I’m sure that you or someone you know has been on Santa’s nice list this year! I hope we’ve made your shopping a little easier this year with our 5 Great Beginner Photography Books for Your Christmas Stocking!