Sometimes my 9-year-old son Jax goes grocery shopping with me at Costco.
He loves to walk around and taste all the bite-sized food samples.
I have to tell you – my Costco grocery bill goes up by 20% when he’s shopping with me.
And as a marketer – I LOVE that Costco gets ‘how to attract new biz’ AND get higher sales!
If You’re Not Offering A TASTE of Your Biz, You’re Losing SALES.
Giving out samples is a part of Costco’s business model and it should be a part of yours as well.
Plain and simple. Businesses that offer samples tend to have higher sales.
I know what you’re thinking…
“I can’t afford to give my products/services away for free. That is ridiculous!”
Well guess what?
Your Marketing BFF is here to tell YOU:
You can offer a sample of your biz without actually giving away the ‘full meal deal’.
Samples of your products/services are used to tantalize your existing clients and prospective clients. It gives them a taste of the benefits you offer – it is NOT supposed to be the full meal deal!
Here’s are a few ideas how:
– Articles and/or blog posts
– Actual trial-sized product samples (from your vendors or make your own)
– Offer tips on Facebook/Blog/Twitter
– Offer “mini-sized” portions of some existing services (like a quickie up-do hairstyling, mini make-up session, 5-minute hand soak/scrub…)
– Mini workshops
– Free consultations that don’t have any PRESSURE!
– Certificates for a product/service that can be used as prizes for charity events, silent auctions, networking events, etc.
What I love about samples is that they give people an opportunity to EXPERIENCE you/your biz, and with REDUCED RISK.
Do it right now. I mean it! Start serving up some TASTY samples.
Your bank account will thank you.
So there you have it.
Side Note: Did you know that there’s even a Facebook Fan page dedicated to Costco Sampling?… And it has over 7,000 followers! wow